Saturday, April 16, 2011

Moab marathon

I never imagined I would run a 1/2 marathon- let alone pay to run one!- However- last month on March 19th- My sisters, Mom, Dad & I drove down to Moab to run 13.1 miles- My dad was our cheering section and my mom did the 5 mile!-



On our backs we all had "Runnin for Kutt"- it made be proud to be running for him- I'm sure he was looking down on us cracking up and thinking we were crazy!
It was a huge accomplishment for me- if you know me- I am not and never will be an avid runner- It definetly does not come easy for me, but I love how I feel after I am done!- I am so glad Jody inspired me and so thankful that Courtney likes to go my pace! I was so proud of my Mom, it was a huge thing for her, she had gone to the doctor the day before and has bone spurs in her neck- it would have been so easy for her to give up and say I can't do it- She did a great job!- My dad was quite a trooper himself- He drove us all the way down and all the way back- it was a quick trip, but very memorable!

No comments: