Monday, December 22, 2008



This week has not been the best- Jay went Hunting last Monday and one of his really good dogs was killed- His other dog got hurt really bad and was in and out of the Vet. Jay had to check him 3 or 4 times a night- Luckily he still has 5 others- it was pretty tough on Jay losing his dog-If you know Jay, you know his dogs are almost as important as one of his kids. They were still able to get a mountain lion later that day.


On Tuesday, Mackie started getting a cough- I didn't think much of it, but it gradually started to get worse. By 2:30 a.m. Wednesday, she had a 104.2 temp. and could hardly breath. I gave her some meds, we bundled her up and took out to breath cool air, her temp went down and she started to breath a little better. By 7:00 a.m.- she once again couldn't hardly breath- we took her to the ER- They gave her a couple breathing treatments and steroids, and then informed us they were going to admit her because she still wasn't breathing quite right. Needless to say, it was a long night, she is however feeling much better and I am so happy to have her home. It makes you see how fast something can happen and how truly blessed we are.

6 comments:

Burrups said...

Sorry about your dogs. That is a sweet mountain lion though. I am so glad Mackie is feeling better. This time of year is tough on little ones. Merry Christmas!

Lacey and Jeremy Briscoe said...

That is to bad about the dogs. That picture with the mountain lion is awesome. That is so sad the Mackie was so sick, thats really scary. I am glad she is doing better. She looks absolutely adorable in her christmas dress!

The Briscoe Bunch said...

I'm so sorry all of this has happened to you guys, I really hadn't heard about all of this, call me if you need anything. Jay Todd and I are both sorry for your loss! Jamie I'm so glad Mackie is doing good now! wow what a rough one hopefully things will get better for you!
Love ya

Anonymous said...

That is too bad about Jays dog. I'm glad your baby is feeling better. The Christmas pictures are all adorable.

Jaycee & Baylee Carroll said...

Hello Roche Family! I know all to well about how dads and brothers feel when they loose a dog. A dog is apart of the family- Tell jay hi and now he'll just have to get a new one! Also tell him in heaven he'll have all of his dogs back- ha ha it helped me when i lost my racoon! heee- but i'm glad mackie is okay- your a good mom and dad it sounds like, my mom and dad i remember use to stick me outside as well, sometimes not for the cough and not breathing, but it helps. but your family looks so cute! Bella is getting more chubby it's cute- Keep in touch and tell uncle vernon and everyone i say hi- have a great day!

Grammy said...

OK ~ How did Jay loose his Dog? Did it get attacked or did he LOOSE it? That is really sad!
Also, the Christmas pix are adorable. Mackie is adorable! Grandma told me how darling she looked on Sunday. Wish I could have seen you all!
Thanks again for hosting one of our most favortie Christmas parties! It was really fun!
I'm glad Mackie is feeling better also. That is always so scarry!

Love you all,
Aunt Kimi